Phase 3 – Progress Update
- Mechanical Penthouse: Exterior cladding installation is now in progress
- 34th floor – Corridors walls framing in progress
- 32nd floor – suite layout
- 31st floor – suite framing
- 30th floor – self level flooring
- 29th to 27th floors – Mechanical/electrical rough-in for suites
- 26 and 25th floors – drywall suites in progress
- 24th floor – taping suites
- 23rd floor – priming suites
- 22nd floor – installing doors
- 21st floor – tile installation
- 18th floor – installing kitchens
- 13th floor – installing hardwood floors
- 7th floor – painting suites
- Corridor framing on the 21st floor
- Corridors are drywalled up to and including the 11th floor
Crews will be on site this Saturday, October 19, from 9 am to work on the interiors and conduct general housekeeping work on site.
The custom paving stones for roundabout are on order. Unfortunately, the supplier is backlogged. We do not have a delivery date at this time. It is hoped that the roundabout can be completed in the next 2 months.
GFL has resumed working on the water main connection for Pier 27, Phase 3. Their work remains concentrated on Queens Quay and along the northern edge of the Phase 3 site. GFL expects this pahse of the water main work will continue for the next 2 to 3 weeks.
GFL’s partially enclosed pump, adjacent Queens Quay, remains in use to prevent the trenches dug for the water main and sanitary sewer from filling up with water. The pump does generate some noise though steps have been taken to mitigate it. Its operation is, however, essential to enable this work to move forward: crews cannot work on laying water pipe if the trenches dug for them are full of water.
* * *
We will post and circulate our next update on Wednesday, October 30. As always if there are significant changes to the construction schedule we will post and circulate them.
Please check back regularly for updates or contact us.