Pier 27 Construction Outlook for
Spring and Summer, 2020
Key milestones for the remainder of spring
and summer 2020 at Pier 27.
- Commercial parking has been consolidated in the north parking lot as of May.
- Move ins are occurring up to the 20th floor, and 75% occupancy approval was achieved in May.
- Painting balconies is close to complete as of the end of May and areas remaining that require painting will be completed in June.
- We expect that GFL will continue working on the municipal servicing work along Queens Quay East through mid-June.
- Canopy painting along the north and west sides of 15 Queens Quay has been completed.
- Glass covering for the canopy installation will follow painting.
- Move-ins are ongoing every week and will continue through the summer.
- Occupancy approval up to 34th floor expected by mid July.
- Removal of the overhead protection and hoardings along Queens Quay East is expected to occur in the summer.
- Hardscape landscaping completion is expected by mid-summer.
- Plantings and softscape landscaping completed by end of summer 2020.
- A Public Art piece scheduled for installation later this summer, to be situated over the ramp to the north parking lot.
COMPLETED – December 16 – January 24: Completion of ramp to the 15 Queens Quay East underground garage.
COMPLETED – January 13 – January 29: Road widening excavation & clean cap, along the northern section of the site adjacent Queens Quay East.
COMPLETED – February 1 – February 4: Construction of the pedestrian walkway adjacent 15 Queens Quay East.
COMPLETED – December 16 – March 13: Completion of the pedestrian link paving to the Waterfront Toronto Parking Lot, on the west side of 15 Queens Quay East.
COMPLETED – March 7 : Reinstatement of Building D [29 Queens Quay East] Fire Route & Roundabout complete.
COMPLETED – February 24 – March 18: Hoist [External construction elevator] removal from 15 Queens Quay East.
COMPLETED – March 16 – March 30: New pavers and curbs installed for the Building D [29 Queens Quay East] Fire Route & Roundabout complete.